Sunday, March 14, 2010

Hughes Video

Many people around the world find a way to express their feelings. Langston Huge expressed his feeling in his music. In the video “The Weary Blues” by Langston Hughes’s shows how the people are dancing and having a great time while the musicians are playing the blues. The poem in the background has repetition and diction to it. The speaker in the poem is talking about his life, and about the way he and other blacks have to deal with white society. "I ain't happy no mo'… And I wish that I had died." lets us know he was not happy, he is sad and if he does not have his freedom it would be better if he died. "Ain't got nobody but ma self" he is telling us he feels lonely and isolated from everyone.. This poem is mainly about racial facts the speaker feels lonely and depressed.

1 comment:

  1. Race is an important aspect of the art from The Harlem Renaissance. How does that come through in this case?

    ReplyDelete