Sunday, February 21, 2010

Video- "The House On Mango Street"

The video clip “The House on Mango Street” was very interesting and short; I really liked it because it made me think about many things. The narrator asks many questions in this video, these questions make people think about them and can make some kind of connection. For example when she says, “what kind of stories would you tell about your house?” This question would capture any one’s attention and may relate to it. The question she asks towards the end of clip ”Do you want to be defined by your surroundings?” I think it is a very good question I believe many people feel that they are defined by their surrounding. In my perspective I would not define anyone because of his or her surroundings and I wouldn’t want anyone to define me because of my surroundings. Overall I think this is a very good video clip.

1 comment:

  1. Defining oneself is a main theme in this story; that quote is intriguing.

    ReplyDelete